Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Because It's Tuesday - week of February 11

I would categorize myself as a passive fan of the The Waterboys. In the 80's, I actively sought out their new releases and was really into them. In the years that followed, I stopped
actively looking for their new releases but always enjoyed them when I'd happen to stumble upon them.

Most folks associate the Waterboys with their "hit" 1985 song, "The Whole of the Moon" from the fantastic "This is the Sea" album. I remember that the video seemed to be on Much Music a lot (back in the days when Much Music actually played videos) and I know I had the song on more than one of the mixed tapes I kept in my book bag (awww....remember walkmans?). Anyway, it's a great song and one of I've been fond of for a really long time (almost 35 years now - yikes!).

Today, because it's Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover with  you. Fiona Apple's version of "The Whole of the Moon" is lovely. The video is pretty great too. If you're not familiar with the song, this is a great introduction to it (although I'd encourage you to go listen to the original too).

Hope you enjoy this kids, have a great Tuesday xo

I spoke about wings
You just flew
I wondered, I guessed and I tried
You just knew
I sighed
But you swooned, I saw the crescent
You saw the whole of the moon
The whole of the moon


No comments: