Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Way Back Wednesday - Northern Sky

Today's Way Back Wednesday song was recorded by Nick Drake for his 1971 album, Bryter Layter. "Northern Sky" is just a beautiful song, in my opinion anyway.

Admittedly, I hadn't listened to Nick Drake in quite a while. Hearing this song at the beginning of "It's A Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood" reminded me of how amazing the whole Bryter Layter albums is.

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, "It's a Beautiful Day In the Neighborhood" is pretty good. Tom Hanks does a great job portraying our favourite neighbor, the late Fred Rogers.

I hope you enjoy "Northern Sky." Happy Wednesday kids xo

I've been a long time that I'm waiting
Been a long that I'm blown
I've been a long time that I've wandered
Through the people I have known
Oh, if you would and you could
Straighten my new mind's eye.


No comments: