Friday, December 21, 2018

The 12 Days of Last Christmas - Day 9

I first heard Barbra Lica early one morning while I was getting ready for work.  It was December 2015 and the folks at CBC's Ontario Morning were playing a cute holiday song of hers, "Christmas On the Beach."  She had just released an album of seasonal songs and "Christmas On the Beach" was getting played pretty regularly on CBC (hey, CanCon AND Christmas, not hard to figure that out). Barbra is an accomplished jazz singer and since hearing that first song, I've become a fan of hers. 
Today, because it is Day 9 of the 12 Days of Last Christmas, I'm sharing her version of one of my top three favourite holiday songs.  I really like this sort of bossa nova-y cover of the Wham Christmas Classic. 

Also, in case you were curious, today is my first full day of Christmas vacation.  I am on a lovely break and don't have to return to the office until January 7. 

Yay me and yay for Barbra Lica, enjoy xo

No comments: