Saturday, December 15, 2018

The 12 Days of Last Christmas - Day 3

Whigfield, otherwise known as Sannie Carson is a Danish pop singer I only had a passing awareness of until Last Christmas.  Seriously, last year, around Christmas time 2017, I discovered that she too had covered "Last Christmas."

Apparently she covered it in 1995 but I wasn't really paying any attention to folks like her at that time.  This version is quite different to yesterday's Good Charlotte take on the Wham Christmas Classic.

This is not mopey at all.  It's some kind of trashy Europop take on it.  The video is super cheesy.  I can't tell what her deal is.  There is a cute doggy in the video though, and plastic snow and ice and a snowman that everyone seems to like.  Santa is either drunk or possibly homeless.  The random dancers are interesting... Not my favourite version by far but it's a good to compare and contrast the variety of interpretations which exist, of one of my top 3 Christmas songs.

If you enjoy this, please let me know.  xo

No comments: