Thursday, December 06, 2018

Cancon Thursday - Your Daddy Don't Know

If it is actually Thursday (it is), I'm supposed to be sharing some Canadian music with you (I will).

Back when I was in grade 10, this band was touring with Bryan Adams.  At the time, they had a really popular album out.  I remember hearing someone on the radio comment that it was pretty much a tie for who was more popular.  When my friends and I went to see the show here in Kingston (winter of 1983 I think), Bryan Adams commented that they had tossed a coin to see who would open the show that night.  He won the toss, just fyi.

The opening band that night, Toronto, rocked.  It was probably the first time I had seen a band play live with a female singer (although she was American, Toronto was a Canadian band).  It left quite an impression on me and my girlfriends that night.  I don't remember bothering to keep up with Toronto beyond the end of tenth grade.  In the years since, I have seen many many female led bands but this one was the first so that's sort of cool.

Their songs weren't deep, insightful or particularly clever but some of them had a good beat. 

"So shake it up
Turn it on
Shake it up
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah"
 
For Cancon Thursday, I'm sharing this early 80's gem of a video for "Your Daddy Don't Know."

Rock your mullet and enjoy xo


No comments: