Sunday, December 16, 2018

The 12 Days of Last Christmas - Day 4

The 12 Days of Last Christmas continues, this time with a Canadian singer's version of one of my top three favourite Christmas songs.

Admittedly, I don't really know a lot about Carly Rae Jepsen.  I remember seeing her on Canadian Idol, Mark liked her but I don't remember either of us caring particularly if she won or not.  I think early on I'd been "cheering" for Khalila Glanville but we only really liked to watch the Idol shows in the beginning when they showcased the really horrible auditions.

Just in time for Christmas 2015, Ms Jepsen released her take on Last Christmas.  It's not particularly memorable but she is technically Canadian and it's got A LOT of sax in it so that's sort of noteworthy.  Also, this performance was from the James Corden show and he has been a part of my own person Christmas Traditions for a few years now. 

"Hey Peggy, how is James Corden a part of your holidays every year?"

Funny you should ask. 

James Corden, along with Ruth Jones (they were brilliant together in Fat Friends), created and starred in one of my all time favourite TV shows, Gavin and Stacey.  Every year since it originally aired, I rewatch the entire series over the Christmas break.  My favourite episode is the Christmas special.  It's so sweet to see Nessa and the Wests making that trip from Wales to Essex, Dave Coaches at the wheel, Neil The Baby being cute..meanwhile, back in Essex, Smithy (Corden's character) is singing "Do they know it's Christmas" with Gavin over the phone... Stacey is talking about how she can sell Smithy "some lovely bath shit" ...it's silly and sweet and funny and it sort of makes you want to stand in the kitchen in the middle of the night, in your underwear, drinking milk.

Hope you enjoy Day 4 of the 12 Days of Last Christmas xo

2 comments:

Nicole MacPherson said...

Oooh I love this one!!!

Peggy said...

oh yay!!