Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The 12 Days of Last Christmas - Day 6

You have to admit that it's a little bit amusing when a fictional character has a hit record.

Crazy Frog's original name was "Annoying Thing" and I don't think you have to work too hard to figure out why.  It's a CGI character which was created in 2003 and apparently had a hit with a cover of Axel F (of all things)!

So, it makes sense that a hit record making CGI Frog would eventually cover a classic Christmas tune.  In 2006 Crazy Frog released their version of one of my top three favourite Christmas songs of all time.  In some places, the b-side of the single was Jingle Bells. This particularly video has been viewed almost 200 million times, that seems a bit nuts to me but then it is an animated frog bungling up an attempt to rescue Santa so, some folks would enjoy watching that I suppose.

On the 6 day of Last Christmas I give you Crazy Frog! xo


No comments: