Friday, December 07, 2018

Not Guilty, Just Pleasure - What Do I Get

I've been having just a shitty couple of days.  Usually, I find this week pretty rough, partly because of all of the memorials around what happened on December 6, 1989 and partly because it's the dark time of the year, it's cold and a bit dreary.  I'm not the most enthusiastic person in the world when it comes to Christmas anymore either.  I wasn't joking the other day when I talked about hibernating for December. I'd love to do it.

Yesterday, I had a spectacularly shitty day.  One of those days where you figure that nothing else could go wrong.  That was a mistake, thinking that.  I found out that Pete Shelley died yesterday.  It sounds like it was sudden, his heart.  I am so sad about this.  I keep thinking about his friends and his family and the shock of a sudden death (I know a little bit about that) and I also thought about how much joy his music brought so many of us over the years.  He's gone, way too soon but at least we still have the songs he left us.

Here is "what do I get" by the Buzzcocks.  Enjoy it kids and raise a glass to Pete xo

Well, let me tell you now
(What do I get?)
(What do I get?)
(What do I get?) I get no love
(What do I get?) I get no sleep at nights
(What do I get?) I get nothing that's nice
(What do I get?) I get nothing at all, at all, at all, at all
At all, at all, at all, at all 'cause I don't get you

 

No comments: