Thursday, December 20, 2018

The 12 Days of Last Christmas - Day 8

So we're up to day 8 in the 12 days of Last Christmas.

Today's version of one of my top three favourite christmas songs of all time was a surprise to me.  I knew very little about Genevieve Leclerc other than she was a French singer (and I had NO idea that she was from Canada until I started looking for a bio about her).  I thought that her version of Last Christmas would be sung in French...  I was wrong. She sings this Wham Christmas Classic in English.

It's a little jazzy, a little sexy, her voice is just lovely.  This song is less about Christmas than it is about the disappointment of a lost love.  I think this version captures that better than most of the covers I've heard.

I hope you enjoy this beautiful video and really great interpretation of Last Christmas xo

No comments: