Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of December 11, 2018

The original version of  this song was released in the UK the day before I was born.

So yeah, it's old.  Just like me kids.  An artifact from 1967.

It was a pretty big hit, spent 6 weeks at the top of the charts.  It was one of those songs that, as a small child, I heard it often but had no clue what any of it meant.  Didn't really matter much to me at the time, not understanding what a song meant, still doesn't matter much to me, if I like it.

Because it's Tuesday, it's a cover today.  I'm sharing Annie Lennox's version of Procol Harum's 1967 hit, "Whiter Shade of Pale."  Annie has one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard.  I could literally be happy hearing her sing Barney songs.

Later this week, I'm going to depart a bit from my usual daily themes and try a holiday experiment.  I hope you, at minimum, find it amusing.

For now, I leave you with the lovely, Annie Lennox.... enjoy xo


No comments: