Friday, June 15, 2018

Update on the Sad Anniversary

I realized that I should have elaborated on the "sad anniversary" I mentioned in my post about Etta's Tune.

3 years ago today, Mark had his regular 6 month check up at the Cancer Clinic.  He felt amazing that day, better than he had in months, scored all zeroes on his Edmonton Scale, was optimistic. 

At that appointment, we found out that he had 3 to 5 years to live.  As you all know, he was dead 8 1/2 weeks later.  A shock to us but ultimately, a better way to go than to have a horrible drawn out "cancer death."  Losing him the way I did taught me to embrace and appreciate the folks I love, the ones who are most important to me, tell them that I love them, hug them when I can.  Life is short and unpredictable.

To be kind and loving to each other costs nothing but means so much. 

Stay kind xo

No comments: