Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of June 12

I used to be one of those folks who would be really excited about an impending Madonna album.  I was not one of those young ladies who dressed up like her but I really liked her music and my record collection has a not insignificant chunk of her music in it.

When I was in high school, I picked up a magazine, Spin, because she was on the cover.  That turned out to be a good call on my part because Spin, back then, was a pretty good magazine if you liked music.  This was pre-internet remember.  Magazines and the "New Music" were basically my sources for new stuff...  I would buy records based strictly on reviews of certain reviewers (from NME, Rolling Stone and eventually, Spin).  Of course, in the mid-80's, Ms Ciccone was on the covers of lots of magazines.

The last time I was really into one of her new albums was when Bedtime Stories came out.  The album had a classic vibe to it, over 20 years have passed since it was released and it doesn't sound dated in my opinion.  One of the singles from it was Take A Bow.  I heard a cover of it a while ago, by Ruby the RabbitFoot.  I can't find a video but here is a clean audio version of it. Give it a listen and if you're feeling so inclined after that, dust off your old copy of Bedtime Stories and see if you think it's aged well too.

enjoy kiddies xo


No comments: