Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Way Back Wednesday - Kiss On My List

Question for you, how much electricity do you think was used to power blow dryers in the late 70's / early 80's?  A lot is probably a good answer.

Solid Gold Dancers
Solid Gold Dancers
Looking at the clip for today's song, you can see that many blow dryers were used, at least on Daryl Hall.  I remember hearing this song on the radio, probably in 8th grade.  I went out and bought the 45 (and still have it at home) and played it over and over again.  Eventually, I saw Hall & Oates perform it on Solid Gold.  Do you remember Solid Gold? It was a post-American Bandstand pre-Much Music show that featured performances of the weekly hits, often accompanied by the "Solid Gold Dancers."

Eventually, I got deeper into the Hall and Oates catalogue and became a closeted fan.  I'm out now and, interestingly (or not) "Kiss on my List" isn't close to being one of my favourite songs of theirs.  It is noteworthy though because without it, I probably wouldn't have checked them out.

So, here it is, from Way Back in 1980, a live version of Hall and Oates performing "Kiss on my List," sans Solid Gold Dancers.  Happy 80's flashback kittens xo


No comments: