Thursday, June 14, 2018

CanCon Thursday - All My Dreams

Many many years ago, I met Jill Barber through her brother Matt Barber.  Matt was a programmer at CFRC radio and I was working at the station when he was volunteering there.  Jill was still in high school and she'd been in Kingston playing shows now and then.  I was working two jobs back in those days and my second job was working on Homecoming Weekend.  One year, we were having live music in our registration tent (we tented Benidickson Field for the weekend back then) and I was able to book her to play at our ceilidh.  It feels like a million years ago and a million miles away from the kinds of shows she plays now.  It's been a real treat to watch her evolve as an artist over the years and watch her career grow.  Her voice is absolutely angelic.

For CanCon Thursday, I'm going to share one of my favourite Jill Barber videos with you.  The song is from her 2008 album, Chances.  The video for "All My Dreams" is actually one of my all time favourite music videos.  It's beautiful and sweet and funny and it features Jill and Andrew Shaver (an accomplished director and actor and, the co-host of her brother Matt's radio show at CFRC).  I think you'd have to be completely dead inside to not enjoy this video and I don't think it's possible to watch it just once.

I hope you like it xo

No comments: