Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Because It's Tuesday - week of June 26

So the first official summer weekend is now behind us and the first holiday weekend of the season is just around the corner.

As I mentioned last week, I'm going to share Canadian songs only this week and next, in celebration of Canada's upcoming 151th birthday.  I'm looking forward to getting my maple leaf bunting out and flying our beautiful flag this weekend.  As a dog guardian, fireworks are no longer something I can enjoy on Canada Day (the noise just freaks Gracie out and we have a whole distraction routine we do) but I do like to pause and wish Canada a happy day.

So, on Tuesdays, I always share a cover with you fine folks.  So, in keeping with the theme, this is a Canadian band covering another Canadian band's song.  This week, I am posting the Great Lake Swimmer's version of "What Was Going Through My Head."  The original song by the Grapes of Wrath was released almost 30 years ago and that seems so strange to me. It's held up very well over the years and I don't think it sounds dated at all.  It's always been a favourite of mine and I really enjoy what the Great Lake Swimmers have done.  Hope you do too xo

No comments: