Thursday, June 07, 2018

CanCon Thursday - The Ketchup Song

My brother and I joke that we grew up in a house listening to two kinds of music:  country AND western.  Now that's not entirely true, my mum had some Don Ho, Al Hirt and Beatles records in her collection (and others too!) but we heard a lot of late 1960's and early 1970's country / western / folk hits.

One of the more popular guys in our house was Stompin' Tom Connors.  I've always had a soft spot for Stompin' Tom, in particular, I loved this song.  I also love ketchup!  Sadly, that plant in Leamington is now shuttered and honestly, I have grown to prefer French's ketchup because it doesn't have the high fructose corn syrup in it that Heinz uses.  Back in 1973 though, when this piece of video was recorded (at the famous Horseshoe Tavern), Heinz was the King of Ketchup.

Hope you enjoy this as much I did when I found it xo


No comments: