Sunday, December 23, 2007

kitchen love

Yesterday our kitchen had quite a workout. I finished up my baking with a large batch of shortbread cookies. Mark put the finishing touches on some candy he's been working on. I baked bread and Marked cooked up an awesome meal which we shared with friends last night.

For dessert, I put out a huge plate of cookies which disappeared very quickly so I'm guessing everything turned out well. It's funny, when I'm baking, I don't eat what I make. After it's all done, I'll have a couple of cookies but when I'm in the middle of it, I don't sample at all.

I have to say, the kitchen in this house is so much better than our old kitchen. The layout is better, our oven is amazing (it's gas - our old one was electric and second (third?) hand and never baked anything evenly) and we have enough room that we can be both doing stuff at the same time without being in each other's way.

I don't have a whole heck of a lot to do over the next couple of days which is nice. Typical weekend stuff needs finished, like laundry. I think I may do one more batch of coconut cookies because they seem to be disappearing quickly.

Right now, I'm just on the other side (barely) of a weather-induced headache. I had a bit of one last night and it came back this morning. Once it started pounding, I looked at the forecast and discovered that there is a snow squall warning for our area so that definitely explained the pressure I was feeling around my eyes and sinuses. Yesterday I thought I might be getting a cold but I think it's just the weather.

So, that's about all that is happening around here today. It's not overly exciting I know but I'm enjoying it so I guess that's all that really matters (to me anyway!).

No comments: