Monday, December 10, 2007

decking the halls


decking the halls
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I have a disease. Well, it may not actually be a disease but I think it's a pretty serious seasonal disorder.

Unlike some folks who suffer when the days grow longer and the sun's rays are fewer and further between, I have an uncontrollable need to listen to "Christmas Wrapping" (either by the Waitresses or the Spice Girls) or "Last Christmas" (either by Wham! or Savage Garden - it matters not which). It's like I need Christmas cheese. Now, my all time favourite Holiday tune is definitely "Fairytale of New York" but there is something about "last christmas" especially that just makes me need to listen to it over and over again. I'm not sure if it's a sickness or not but it seems a little disturbing to me anyway.

Over the weekend, we were very busy. Our house was a filthy mess after two weeks of dog sitting and general lazy behaviour on our parts. On Saturday, I spent the entire day cleaning while Mark did running around for us. Yesterday, we went out and finished up almost all of our holiday shopping. I now have a tonne of gifts to finish (we got stuff for making presents with) and wrapping to do but with any luck, a lot of it will be done by the end of next weekend. The house is decorated now. I cut back a lot on what I usually do and I quite like it. Our theme, if we have one is cartoons (sponge bob and simpsons mostly) and snowmen.

Baking is something I need to do too but I tend to put that off until closer to the end and do a marathon session. I have a little bit to sort out this week, gifts for my office mates before I leave them for the year (and for my new job in the new year).

It's been busy but I like this kind of busy... well I will like it a lot more when I have my office type of work done (our last event of the year is tomorrow!). It feels good to be ending a year on a high note for a change!

No comments: