Wednesday, December 19, 2007

bizee day

Since my vacation started, I've been getting a lot of stuff done around the house. It feels really good and the house is looking great. For the first time in ages, I'm feeling organized.

Today, I got the last of my gift wrapping done and I started my holiday baking. I got another big dent made into the house cleaning project I've started and we had friends over for dinner tonight.

It was so much fun. Mark cooked and I had made dessert. We had a terrific visit. I'm up a little later than normal for a Wednesday night but it's okay. I can take a cat nap tomorrow if I'm so inclined!

I am really loving the holidays so far this year. I'm not even all that bothered that we had to spend $1350 on our van today (and that's saying something!). The repairs were all good things that shouldn't have to be done again for a really long time. It's been a good vehicle to us and the stuff we had to have done should extend the life of the van for us. The timing was sort of crappy but then the timing is always kind of crappy (I remember last christmas - we had to put new tires on).

Either way, I'm still feeling good. I decided that this year, I wouldn't let the holidays stress me out. Instead, I'm making plans to see lots of friends and just enjoy myself. If I don't get everything done that is on my list, it really doesn't matter as long we are having fun.

No comments: