Thursday, December 27, 2007

kerplunk!


kerplunk!
Originally uploaded by Julep67
On Christmas Day I took a lot of photos. When you take a lot of photos (well, when I take a lot of photos anyway), it takes a while to sort through them all. I've posted some of them on flickr already but probably won't have the rest of them up much before the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, when the holiday falls in the middle of the week, doesn't it feel like it's constantly the weekend? No!? Maybe it's just me. I feel really lucky to have all of this time off during the holidays too. 3 weeks is a pretty nice break at any time of year but at this time of year, it's particularly decadent feeling.

I am happy to say that at this moment, my cold is feeling like it's going away. We had a pretty spicy curry for dinner tonight and that seems to have really loosened things up. The pain in my neck and shoulders has faded to a little bit of a dull roar so I should be able to sleep a little better tonight than I did last night. I also did not have a nap today so I should be really tuckered out when we do go to bed tonight.

I think that the germs have not really dug in because I've done very little else but veg around the house for the past couple of days. Mark gave me a MP3 player for Christmas which I have been having fun playing with. It's a Sansa and it does video too which is cool. I found a bunch of really discounted accessories for it on eBay yesterday and am looking forward to receiving them. I ordered a little FM transmitter thing for the car (apparently it plugs into the lighter and I can broadcast what I'm listening to on the car radio). We don't have a CD player in our van so this will be very cool when we have roadtrips.

The next thing I need to do is deconstruct christmas. I'm not sure exactly when that will happen, maybe over the weekend. I really love having the tree up and I do like it when everything gets packed away... it's the packing away that I don't like so much!

No comments: