Tuesday, July 10, 2007

team building exercise '99

Is it hot in your part of the world? I'm not talking about hot like attractive or sexy but hot like, the air quality is crappy and the sky is brown?

It's a little like that around here. It got quite bad last night. I think it actually got warmer as the evening progressed. Our house has central air but I couldn't get to sleep. We went to bed around 8:30 or so and I got up at 11 p.m. because I was afraid I'd wake Mark up with my tossing and turning. Eventually, I was able to fall asleep sometime around midnight. When you're up at 4:30 a.m. though, that's not really good.

Tonight we were able to get into the pool. It felt great. We hadn't been in the pool for almost 2 weeks. The weather while we were on holidays was cool and rainy. It wasn't like that this afternoon though. We stayed in for about 90 minutes so we were pretty shriveled when we got out.

Last week, while we were on vacation, we bumped into Flight of the Conchords. Have you seen this HBO show yet? The Movie Network is showing it here in Canada. It's brilliant. Well I think it's brilliant anyway. FOTC are a parody folk duo and HBO have given them a 30 minute comedy show. It's funny, we've seen 3 episodes plus their HBO special so far. The episodes usually feature a couple of songs. They are actually pretty good musicians and I like their voices. The best part is that it's hilarious. They write really funny lyrics and have a very laid back approach to things. It's very deadpan and dry and I am looking forward to seeing more of them over the summer. It doesn't quite make up for Lucky Louie getting canceled but it's close.

No comments: