Tuesday, July 24, 2007

not necessarily my kind of train-wreck

You know, I love to watch a good "train-wreck" just as much as the next marginally sick person.

When Anna-Nicole passed away and went to live with the angels in heaven, I devoured the coverage with a sick fervour. From a safe distance, I monitored the late and not-so-great Tammy Faye's illness. Again, I had a quite a good chuckle last week watching those Larry King interviews.

It's an illness, I know this. I put my hands up to it. I've got a morbid fascination with watching bad things happen to people who are basically only famous for being famous.

Somehow though, this does not come into play with Ms Lohan. I will giggle at the pathetic antics of Ms Spears or Ms Hilton but I really just shake my head at Lindsay. Today I read this and chuckled to myself because it really seems like she's working awfully hard to gain her own spot in the train-wreck-o-sphere:

'Drink-driving' arrest for Lohan
US actress Lindsay Lohan has been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving and possession of cocaine after spending a second stint in rehab.

The 21-year-old star was pulled over by officers in Santa Monica, California. She already faces a drink-driving charge in Beverly Hills.

Ms Lohan was also charged for driving while her licence was suspended, Santa Monica police said.

The actress's publicist was not available for comment.

In December Ms Lohan admitted she had been attending Alcoholics Anonymous meetings for a year. A few weeks later she checked herself into a treatment centre, saying she had made a "proactive decision" to "take care" of her health.

In May she was arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after she was involved in a car accident in Beverly Hills.

Ms Lohan then returned to rehab and has recently been photographed wearing an alcohol tag, which was reportedly monitoring her alcohol consumption.

The actress had her first hit aged 11 in The Parent Trap. She has also starred in films like Freaky Friday, Mean Girls and A Prairie Home Companion.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/entertainment/6913954.stm

No comments: