Sunday, July 22, 2007

garden fresh zucchini


garden fresh zucchini
Originally uploaded by Julep67
Don't these look lovely?

Mark planted two zucchini plants in his little garden this year. This is his first attempt at a veggie patch. We had these two beauties in our salad for lunch yesterday. There were two more today which we grilled for dinner. Delicious. Out of the garden and onto our plates. Too neat. Reminds me a little of the Chicken Lady saying, "right out of my body and onto your plate" but not really.

Wasn't the weekend just lovely?? We had a great weekend. There was lots of time for sunshine and splashing in the pool. We both got some things done around the house that needed doing. All in all, it was lovely. I may have gotten a little too much sun but I'm not sore so it may not be too bad. I seem to have a tonne of freckles on my arms though. I don't remember so many freckles on my arms before but maybe I did and just didn't notice.

It's amazing how much my mood improved once the rain stopped. It's really been getting me down lately only I hadn't realized exactly how much until it stopped.

I think it's supposed to be a mostly sunny week this week so that's good. And it's a short week for us too. We've had Friday booked off for almost a year now because we want to see the Simpsons Movie early in the day. Can't wait for that!! Anyway, I hope you all had as good a weekend as we did. This is really what summer is supposed to feel like!

No comments: