Saturday, July 21, 2007

on the mend


on the mend
Originally uploaded by Julep67
I am so enjoying today so far.

Because we did a bunch of errands last night, there is not much we need to do today. Mark has just run out for a couple of odds and ends of things which we forgot but which he needs for a couple of projects he's got on his list this weekend.

One of the stops he's making is at the Habitat for Humanity store. For the past month or so, we've been saving our pop cans. Instead of putting them into the blue box and giving them to the city, we are "donating" them to our local Habitat for Humanity pop can drive. Alcan sponsors this drive and the Habitat for Humanity location which collects the most cans wins. The prize is basically enough cash to build another home. It's a great program and it's an easy way for us to support them. Cool huh?

Obviously, I've stayed home this afternoon. I'm baking a loaf of my nana's nana bread. I had three brown bananas just staring at me all morning so I threw a loaf together and put it the oven while it's still cool. Hopefully I won't heat the kitchen up too much. The smell is filling the hous right now!

I expect that when Mark gets back, we'll be heading for the pool. I can't wait. The weather around here has been so shitty that we haven't actually be in the pool in almost 2 weeks. That's crazy considering it's July.

Oh well, I'm not complaining, not today. It's way too night to complain!!

No comments: