Sunday, May 13, 2007

icing on the cake


icing on the cake
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
I have had a great birthday weekend so far. It's winding down now but it's not quite over.

It's safe to say that I've had a lot of fun and feel as if I've been completely spoiled rotten. Rotten maybe strong because I actually appreciate all of the effort that Mark has gone to this weekend to make this particular birthday, particularly special.

Tonight, Mark is barbecuing. I can smell it right now actually. It smells good. For dessert, he's made ma a cheesecake. As long as I have known him, he's boasted about a white chocolate peanut butter cheesecake but he's never made it for me. Until today!! It's huge so I imagine a large chunk of it will go to work with me tomorrow.

this afternoon we went for a bit of a drive. I got to see my mum & dad for a few minutes and then we went out to a park along the lake shore so I could try out the new camera on something other than our fish! I felt a little bit like I was doing surveillance with this camera but it was really cool. Some of the shots I got were really nice, particularly of the water and some of the birds. I am taking so many more shots with this new camera that one or two are usually quite good and I can toss out five or ten. This camera has completely changed the way I take photographs. It's very cool. The whole weekend has been cool.

So far, I have no complaints whatsoever about being 40!

No comments: