Tuesday, January 03, 2006

this is it!


outside lights
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
Almost all of the Christmas lights are now down!!

Mark will have to get the ladder out and take down the two strings that are still on the eaves but everything else is down and is in the middle of the living room floor.

It's a good weird feeling, having them down and putting them away. It's sort of sad because I love how sparkley our house was. It really stood out on the street and it always made coming home seem even more fun for some silly reason. Fortunately, the days are now getting longer and the lights aren't going to be a necessary as they were in December when it was so dark and dreary.

Today is my last day of winter vacation. Given that the only thing I really needed to do was rest up (oh and get Christmas stuff done), I'd say that it was very successful. I didn't do too much of anything and, the things that I did do, were usually things that I wanted to get done. It's all been good. I'm ready to go back to work now I think, the rest has done me a world of good!!

No comments: