Saturday, January 14, 2006

spring?

The weather is oddly warm. I say oddly because ordinarily, at this time of the year, we are hunkered down in the middle of a massive cold snap. Some years, we get snow every freaking day so the shoveling never stops. This year, global warming seems to be in full effect. The snow is almost gone (except for a few crusty remnants of snowbanks), the grass is showing and appears to be getting green.

This morning I slept in for a change. We've been getting up at 4:30 a.m. this week so to sleep in until 7 or 8 felt like luxury. Initially, I woke up at 5:35 a.m. I could hear rain pelting against our window. When I peeked out at 7:30 a.m., I noticed that all of the snow in the backyard was gone. Now, we're having a "flash freezing rain" warning so I'm really really glad that we got groceries last night. I can't think of anything I hate more than freezing rain!

I have a lot of stuff to do today. Mark is off today and I know he's some projects in the basement to tend to. I have laundry to do and I brought some work home from the office so I'll be puttering on my laptop at the kitchen table between loads of laundry I'm sure. I don't mind though. The nice thing about working at home is the lack of interruptions. I can get more done at home in a hour than I can in 4 at the office. Funny how that is huh??

Anyway, I think it's time to make some tea.... Happy Saturday kiddos, enjoy the weekend!!

No comments: