Thursday, January 26, 2006

don't make me tap the sign


gas tank sign
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
It's been a weird couple of days.

First off, I found out last night that a colleague of mine suddenly quit her job. I was really surprised to hear about this but at least it was her choice. So often, folks just disappear with no explanation, it was good to learn that this was her decision.

Surprisingly, what really upset me was hearing about Chris Penn this morning. He was only two years older than me so it was really disturbing to hear that he'd died in his sleep. Now, I know that he was a big guy and that there was a history of drug abuse but still, 40? that's way too young and I'm deeply saddened to hear of his passing. He was a terrific actor who, unfortunately, had to live in the shadow of his older brother.

On the up side, the sun is shining today. Thank goodness for small favours huh??

No comments: