Wednesday, January 04, 2006

be very afraid


january sunrise
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
My first thought, upon opening the living curtains this morning and being bathed in pink light was, "wow, how pretty."

This was very quickly followed by, "must get camera." As I ran to grab my camera, it hit me that a red sky in the morning is never good, nevermind what a pink one must mean.

As luck would have it, it's freezing rain right now. Actually, right now, it's just raining but it's super slippy out there and pretty dangerous if you're driving or have to walk down side streets. Everyone is sliding all over the place.

It's at times like this that I'm very glad to live in town, just minutes from the office. I'm happy to not have to go too far tonight.

Be safe kiddos!!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Hope you made it home in time. Fortunately, the worst of it passed us by and the roads are clear here. It's definitely a weird January so far!

Ducky said...

Be careful yourself! Luckily, the weather hasn't been too bad down here yet. (Which is good for me, since income at my new job depends heavily on good weather.)