Sunday, January 29, 2006

fresh bread


fresh bread
Originally uploaded by Julep67.
For the first time since we moved in to our new house, I baked some break this morning.

When we woke up, we were both sort of hungry and yet, didn't know what we wanted to eat. Just recently, we've been very careful about what we're eating. White bread is not something that we've had in a while so I pulled out my bread machine and found my "super duper speedy white bread" recipe.

The loaf looks pretty weird, all lumpy and strange. When I was measuring everything, I was also talking to Mark (he was sitting at the table having a coffee and I was standing at the counter measuring). While we were chatting, I lost track of how much flour I'd put in. I couldn't remember if I was at 2 or 3 cups so Mark suggested splitting the difference and just putting another 1/2 cup in. Turns out, I shorted it and that's why it looks so strange.

It sure smelled good though, and it was tasty albeit very dense.

Tonight, I'm going to make a proper loaf, multi-grain bread. We'll have fresh bread for sandwiches tomorrow. It'll be yummier and healthier and not deformed.

Well, hopefully.

No comments: