Tuesday, March 01, 2005

snow, snow, go away

Honestly, I know that we have not had a lot of snow this winter but holy smokes I'm sick of shoveling it. I did it this morning and I suspect that we'll be doing it again tonight when we get home. Fortunately, it's the light fluffy variety so hopefully it won't be here for too long.

Other than the snow, there isn't much going on around here today. Work is busy, we have a tonne of errands that need to get done after work which should be a lot of fun in the snow tonight. Let the good times roll huh??

One thing that made me smile today: Remembering my nana, Evelyn Forbes. She passed away in October 1997 and today is her birthday. When I was a little kid, I always thought it was cool that Captain Kangaroo had a birthday party for her every year. In actual fact, he celebrated birthdays on the first of each month and it was just a coincidence that my grandmother's birthday fell on March 1. I know that everyone thinks that they have the best grandmother in the world but that is simply not true. I know this is not true because I actually did have the best grandmother in the whole darned world and I can think of at least 9 other people who would totally support my boast!!

No comments: