Wednesday, March 02, 2005

sick day

I didn't go to work today. Last night, I didn't sleep much and the headache I had been enduring since Monday afternoon was still pounding like something that pounds a lot. I literally couldn't focus on anything. When I got up (at 4:30 a.m., like we normally do -- sick huh??) I thought, no problem, I'll get up and start my morning and by the time I've finished working out and eating breakfast it'll be fine. In fact, it didn't get fine, it got worse.

The best part of the day I spent in bed, asleep in a lovely aleve-induced coma. Right now, the pounding is down to a dull ache and I've developed a charming sneeze / cough combo that feels like a cold coming on. This can't be possible though because I felt like I had a cold coming on a couple of weeks ago (which never materialized) and that would be mean.

One thing that made me smile today: In between naps, I bumped into "My Life With Morrissey" on cable. The movie was silly and badly made and I loved it, every silly second of it.

No comments: