Tuesday, March 29, 2005

it's ours!!

We signed off on the house we're buying today. On Thursday night, we're meeting with our agent to get ours listed. We're going to be doing a bunch of cosmetic things to ours next week, the painters and repair folks are booked for next week. By April 15 we should be ready to show it. We have almost 2 months to get our place sold and I'm confident that we should be able to do that. Houses in our neighbourhood don't stay on the market for long so I think we're in a pretty good position.

Work has been kind of hectic so far this week and it's going to get worse before it gets better. I'm feeling really tired but I know that is because we've been working our tails off on the weekends and evenings at home and not getting much of a break. Hopefully, in a few week's time, the work will be done and the house will be well on the way to being sold and we'll just have to worry about moving. We did so much work on the weekend, packing and moving stuff into storage, that the actual move itself shouldn't be too bad when it gets here.

Oh yeah, the weather was gorgeous here today. It got up to 14 degrees and all of the snow in our yard (chunks of leftover ice actually) are finally gone. Overall, today was a very good day.

One thing that made me smile today: Hey, just when you thought it couldn't get any better:

Jerry Falwell in Critical Condition
By BOB LOWRY, Associated Press Writer
- The Rev. Jerry Falwell was hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday, battling his second case of viral pneumonia in just five weeks, hospital and church officials said.

Falwell, 71, was admitted to Lynchburg General Hospital shortly before midnight Monday suffering from "respiratory arrest," the hospital said in a statement.

He was put on a ventilator and stabilized but remained in critical condition, the hospital said.

"He's resting comfortably and in stable condition," said Ron Godwin, Falwell's executive assistant. "It's a recurrence of the viral pneumonia."

Falwell, the founder of the Moral Majority and Liberty University, had left the hospital March 4 after 13 days, spending part of the time on a ventilator.

In a recent interview with The Associated Press, Falwell said he was feeling much better, but still recovering from his hospital stay.

Falwell had been in the pulpit Easter Sunday at Thomas Road Baptist Church and appeared in good health, said the Rev. Dave Randlett, a senior associate pastor.

"He always looks `up' so you wouldn't know if he wasn't" feeling well, Randlett said. "He was very optimistic."

An avid sports fan, Falwell had made the trip to Chattanooga, Tenn., on Saturday to see Liberty University's team play in the third round of the NCAA women's basketball tournament. The team lost. He also had been in the crowd March 22 when it won in the second round in College Park, Md.

No comments: