Sunday, June 27, 2004

zippity doooooo

Today was a bit of a whirl-wind. This morning we slept in a little bit and hadn't planned on doing much of anything at all. About 45 minutes after waking, that changed. Mark suggested that we zip up to Ottawa to get some replacement parts for the Ikea dressers we have (that are totally wonky as far as the drawer tracks go). We didn't bother to call anyone to say that were going because we weren't planning on being there for very long (sorry Pat!!). We basically raced up, grabbed lunch, went to Ikea and zoomed home.

For the first time ever I think, I got out of Ikea for under $20. All I picked up was some tea lights and a new door mat for our side door (the old one had been beaten to death last winter). Mark had great luck at the customer service desk. They gave us enough new track to fix both dressers plus the screws. I noticed that they no longer carry this particular dresser so I think they had a lot of problems with them. The new furniture we got for his dad in May had totally different (much better) mechanisms on them for the slider.

Anyway, we just got home a little while ago and we're both kind of pooped. Hopefully next time we go up, it won't be as rushed a trip. I'd love to go up for a whole weekend, actually visit with my brother and maybe spend some time wandering around a little more than we did.

No comments: