Saturday, June 26, 2004

summer storms

I have a love/hate relationship with the weather at this time of year. I love how it's unpredictable and weird but I hate how this means that you can get caught in a huge rain storm one minute and be blinded by sunshine the next (while you're totally dripping wet and soaked to the skin). This very thing happened to us this afternoon. We were in Rona picking up some thing for a wiring project we'll be doing next weekend and just as we were about to check out, the sky got very black and it was absolutely pouring. It was raining so hard that we actually dicked around in the store for about 15 minutes waiting for it to let up. It didn't seem that it was ever going to happen so we made a run for it. Of course, by the time we got the car loaded, you could see the sun breaking in the west and about 2 minutes later, the rain had let up and it was gorgeous. Weird huh??

Errands aside, it's been a bit of a lazy day for us. I'm not complaining one bit though, we've slugged out guts out on stuff around the house for the past 8 weeks or so, a nice lazy weekend is feeling really good right now. Afterall, whatever I don't get to this weekend, I can always poke away at through the week, I am on holiday after all!!

No comments: