Thursday, August 28, 2003

The week is just flying by. I'm busier than the proverbial one-armed paper hanger.

We did take some time out on Monday and Tuesday night to get our Canadian Idol fix. Again, I was completely disappointed by the results on Tuesday night. Probably the most talented person in the top five is now gone, Jenny Gear. It was down to her and our Ryan. After Toya's elimination last week, I wouldn't have been shocked to see him go. I felt bad for Jenny and Ryan because they have beautiful voices and had to pick some schmaltzy Elton John sing to sing. Jenny, quite frankly, sang the shit out of Rocketman but her voice was way too good for the song. It looks, seriously, like everyone in la belle province is voting for the skank from Quebec and that the west is voting for Billy Goat. Either one of them should be long gone already.

I still find myself a little surprised that I'm so into it. I think it's because Ryan's from Amherstview. It's very cool to drive around town and see "vote for Ryan Malcolm" plastered everywhere. I am pretty sure that more people are voting for him on Monday nights than voted in the last election. That is a sad comment on our electoral process of late but there you have it.

sweet Jenny Gear


Fortunately, it's almost the weekend. I'm not sure exactly why I'm looking forward to it as we're both working this weekend. Maybe it's because it's Labour Day weekend and things will be getting back to "normal" again once September rolls around. It sure feels like September today, not that I'm complaining. It's just weird that a week ago, I thought I would explode (literally) from the heat and today I have long pants and cold hands. August is a weird month, I won't be sad to see it end!

No comments: