Monday, February 03, 2003

I watched a fair bit of tv this weekend. During that time, I watched a few movies. I watched the Royal Tenenbaums. I expected to like it. Prior to watching it, I was impressed by the cast (Gene Hackman, Anjelica Huston, Ben Stiller, Danny Glover, the Wilson boys, etc.). I was very disappointed by the movie. Maybe I just wasn't in the proper state of mind to appreciate it. I did like the way the movie looked, it was beautifully shot. What I didn't like was that (in my opinion anyway) it was lacking a plot. I expected it to be funny, a black comedy. I have a fairly "black" sense of humour, sick some might say, I generally like things that are a little off the wall. I was very disappointed in this movie. I think that the cast tried their best with what they had but they didn't seem to have much to work with. It's too bad. I thought it had potential.

No comments: