Friday, February 21, 2003

Holy flaming turds! It's Friday again...and that means The Friday Five!! Neat questions this week huh?

1. What is your most prized material possession?
That's a tough question. My outlook on material possessions has changed greatly over the past year or so. I wouldn't say that material things matter as much to me as they once did. If I had to pick one thing that means the most to me, it would be the ring that my partner gave me. I wear it all the time.

2. What item, that you currently own, have you had the longest?
I have 2 things that are probably about the same age, one is a child's rocking chair and the other is a wooden doll's cradle. Both of these things were made for me by my paternal grandfather when I was a very small child. I have both of these things in the living room of my home.

3. Are you a packrat?
I'm reformed. Both me and my partner have packrat tendancies but over the past year or so we've been clearing out the debris and simplifying our lives. I've actually documented a lot of our purging process right here, in this blog.

4. Do you prefer a spic-and-span clean house? Or is some clutter necessary to avoid the appearance of a museum?
I like things to be tidy. We have a lot of stuff (although we have a lot less stuff than we did a year ago). It's not likely that our house will ever have a minimalist look to it but I do like it to be clean and have things put away.

5. Do the rooms in your house have a theme? Or is it a mixture of knick-knacks here and there?
Some have a theme, some are just knick-knacks. We're still in the process of decorating our home. We've only been here 2.5 years and it's an older home so we're still poking away at it, a little at a time.

No comments: