Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Because It's Tuesday - week of February 28

This Old Heart of Mine
Hey look at us. We have made it to the end of February. It feels pretty good doesn't it? Spring is now officially just around the corner!

As it's Tuesday again, I'm sharing a cover song today.

This Old Heart of Mine is the tune de jour and has been recorded by many artists over the years. Some folks have even recorded it more than once!

This Holland–Dozier–Holland hit was released by the Isley Brothers in 1966 on Motown's Tamla label. It featured Ronald Isley on lead vocal and climbed the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B Singles charts that year.

In 1975, Rod Stewart released his first cover of "This Old Heart of Mine" on his Atlantic Crossing album. I love that version of it, but I couldn't find a video to share. Instead, here is his 1989 recording of the Isley Brother's hit as a duet with Ronald Isley. It's a great version (but again, I really prefer his 1975 recording). If you have some time on your hands, go give a listen to Atlantic Crossing, not just this song but the entire album. It's a gem!

I hope you enjoy it & happy Tuesday, kids xo

I try hard to hide my hurt inside
This old heart of mine, always keeps me crying
The way you're treatin' me, leaves me incomplete
You're here for the day, gone for the week


No comments: