Friday, February 17, 2023

Finally Friday - Because I'm Awesome

Hey everyone, we made it to Friday. Well, at least I made it, somehow. After my confusinWednesday-for-Thursdayay thing, I'm feeling like I'm back on track. One of the highlights for me this week was being able to go out and do errands wearing sneakers instead of boots. I'm pretty sure that these mild temperatures in February aren't good for anyone, but they feel nice all the same.

We're all our own worst enemies, I think. Perhaps we should be kinder to ourselves (we're usually a lot nicer and patient with others, aren't we?). Given what I've seen in traffic and in some stores recently, we could also try being kinder to folks we don't actually know. There is no good reason to be an asshole to someone working in a store or to lay on your horn in traffic just because you're having a bad day.

So, simple assignment for the next few days (if you feel like it), be kind to yourself, be kind to others. It's simple. Also, listen to my Finally Friday song, "Because I'm Awesome" by the Dollyrots (because we're all actually pretty awesome). Today's song is the title track from the Dollyrots 2007 album, which was released on Blackheart records. I had no idea that it had been featured in a bunch of TV shows and movies (it has been); I just heard it on the radio once a long time ago and liked it. 

Also, if you're reading this from the UK, the Dollyrots are playing a bunch of shows in your neck of the woods this week so go check them out!!

Hope you like it too. Happy long weekend kiddos xo

They say I'm gifted, uh huh
Well I'm a certified prodigy
I'm gonna own you, uh huh
I'm gonna bring you to your knees

No comments: