Wednesday, February 08, 2023

Way Back Wednesday - Divan

Once again, it's Way Back Wednesday. 

Love Lust and Lemon Juice

Today I'm sharing a song by Smudge. Oh my how much did I love Smudge back in the 1990's (and still do). I remember picking up a copy of "Tea, Toast and Turmoil" and listening to it, over and over and over and over. Later on when I discovered that Tom Morgan of Smudge was Evan Dando's songwriting partner, so many things just made sense. 

Smudge also did a lot of fun covers like the theme from the Laverne and Shirley show, and "missing you" by John Waites. Anyway, today's oldie but still definitely a goodie is Divan. I grew up on Chesterfield Drive so you can imagine how I would relate to a song about a divan.

A recent re-listen found me enjoying it as much as I did 30 years ago. Hope you enjoy it too. Also, it has one of the ninety-est videos of the nineties!!

Happy Hump day kids xo


Well it's not much like a lounge
You know it's more like a sofa bed
And if you get the feeling you'll be hanging around
Well you can crash out on my divan


No comments: