Thursday, February 09, 2023

Can Con Thursday - Bud the Spud

Once again, it's Can Con Thursday here. Today, I'm sharing another song for my dad. He sure loved Stompin' Tom Connors and enjoyed watching this show "live from the Horseshoe Tavern." I'm sure he had it on a VHS tape at some point, and whenever it was on TV, he'd watch it.

When we were kids, we knew all the Stompin' Tom songs too. They were fun and Canadian. It was always a treat to hear songs about places we had visited (or wanted to visit) or things we liked (potatoes, ketchup).

Bud The Spud was recorded for the 1969 album Bud The Spud and Other Favourites. Apparently, it made it to No. 27 on the country charts, but I'm certain it was a No. 1 hit in our house.

Hope you enjoy this little serving of some classic Stompin' Tom (and feel free to stomp your foot along with it) xo

Now I know a lot of people from east to west
That like the spuds from the island best.
Cause they'll stand up to the hardest test
Right on the table
So when ya see that Big truck rollin by
Wave yer hand or kinda wink yer eye,
Cause that's Bud the Spud from old P. E. I.,
With another big load a potatoes!

No comments: