Friday, February 24, 2023

Finally Friday - Over You

Kurt Baker - After Party
While it was really lovely to have had a holiday on Monday, short work weeks can be extra busy. This one was no exception, and for my Finally Friday song this week, I'm sharing "Over You" by Kurt Baker. It's my way of telling the week, hey buddy, I'm over you and ready for the weekend.

I thought I would post this song today because I'm a big fan of Kurt Baker's, and I love this song from his 2020 album, After Party. The whole album is great. I have lost count of the number of times I have listened to the whole thing on repeat. Kurt Baker tends to be in heavy rotation on my playlists most days. 

If you haven't heard him before and you're a fan of super fun power pop, you owe it to your ears to give him a listen. He's American (from Maine I believe) and seems to split his time between the states and Spain. After you fall in love with his songs (I'm pretty sure you will), you can pick up some of his records here: https://kurtbaker.bandcamp.com 

So, give Over You a listen and start your weekend off with a little dance party in the kitchen. It's what I'll be doing once the whistle blows at the end of the day xo

They tell me that perspective's what I lack
That's funny cuz I'm always looking back
Well I lost my mind. It's true
But I found I'm still in love with you


No comments: