Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Because It's Tuesday - week of February 14

Happy Love Day, everyone. I'm not a super fan of Valentine's Day, maybe I'm a cynic, but it feels like a grab to me. If you're in a healthy relationship, you don't need a manufactured Hallmark holiday to show it to whoever you're in that relationship with.

Having said that, I do support the purchase and consumption of those cinnamon heart candies. They are just yummy!

So, because it's Tuesday, I'm sharing a cover with you today. This song was originally recorded in 1965 by The McCoys. The McCoys are probably best known for "Hang On Sloopy, " also recorded that year. The following year, in 1966, The Merseys covered it, and the song went to Number 4 on the UK Charts.

I decided to share David Bowie's 1973 cover of "Sorrow." It was the only single released from his Pin Ups cover album, and it also made the UK Charts, topping out at Number 3 (it was also his first Number 1 in Australia - for 2 weeks in February 1974). It's a great song, and I hope you enjoy it.

I hope you have a great day today and are lucky enough to find some of those cinnamon hearts while you're on your travels xo

With your long blond hair and your eyes of blue
The only thing I ever got from you
Was sorrow, sorrow



No comments: