Friday, April 30, 2021

Isolation Friday - Celebration

AstraZeneca Covid-19 Vaccine
I feel like I won the lottery. I am feeling happy, relieved, overwhelmed with emotions actually.

Today, I received my first shot the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. I never ever thought that I'd be so happy to get a needle stuck in my arm but these are weird and frightening times. I'm over the moon! I had some pretty dark moments over the past few days because I worried that something would happen and my appointment would be canceled. The process was painless. I went to a small local pharmacy, had a nice chat with the pharmacy assistant (who is a neighbour of mine as it happens). I scored some brownie points for having arrived with my consent form completed and signed (and I entered all of the information on my computer so it was easy to read). While I was waiting the requisite 15 minutes after receiving the vaccination, my certificate arrived in my email inbox. Easy peasy!!

So, for Isolation Friday (because even though I'm joyful - and grateful - we're still under a stay at home order), I'm sharing one of my favourite songs from 8th grade, Kool and the Gang's classic 1980 hit, "Celebration." I encourage you to join me in a little Friday afternoon dance party in your house somewhere!!

Have a great weekend, stay safe, wear a mask, wash your hand, get a jab if you have a chance. We can do this, together!! xo

There's a party going on right here
A celebration to last throughout the years
So bring your good times and your laughter too
We gonna celebrate your party with you, come on


No comments: