Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Way Back Wednesday - My Heart Skip's A Beat

Happy hump day. I also like to call this mid-week day, "Way Back Wednesday." On Way Back Wednesdays, I share an older song. As I think about it, I don't know if I cut it off at 20 or 25 years old but today's song is a bit more than 25 years old so it's definitely eligible!

When I was a kid, I only knew about Buck Owens from watching Hee Haw with my folks. I loved his red, white and blue guitar and thought he had a great voice (because he did!!). As I got a bit older, I grew more familiar with his pre and post Hee Haw music and became a fan. I recently heard today's song again for the first time in many years. It's a great song and this is a super fun performance of it from back in 1966.

"My Heart Skips A Beat" by Buck Owens and his Buckaroos (and written by Mr Owens!) is a perfectly wonderful country song (and trust me, I know about these things, having grown up in a house where we only listened to 2 kinds of music, country AND western). It was released in 1964 and was Buck's third number one single on the US Country charts. It spent 7 weeks at number one and a total of 26 weeks on the chart - so obviously I'm not the only one who thinks this is a terrific tune!

I hope you enjoy it. It'll make your toe tap, guaranteed. Enjoy kids and remember, stay home, stay safe, stay well and if you have to go out, wear a mask!! xo

Well, I did a double take the day I met you
My heart turned a flip as I stood next to you
And I knew right there I never could forget you
For you are my every dream come true



No comments: