Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Way Back Wednesday - Stumblin' In

As someone who grew up in Ontario, I am completely aware that snow in April isn't a strange occurrence. Snow in April, particularly when there are tiny leaves on my trees and tulips opening up in my garden, sucks. 

In other news, I slept like a dead person last night and am feeling a lot less angry (still angry, just less angry) than I was yesterday and haven't even wanted to cry once today. I'm a cry baby, sad, happy, angry, frustrated, I cry. I hate that about myself but it's something that I've come to accept over the years.

For today's Way Back Wednesday post, I'm sharing a song that I had completely forgotten about until a couple of weeks ago. One evening, I was on YouTube watching random music videos and this popped up. Having just talked about Suzi Quatro a few days earlier with Bill, I was interested to hear "Stumblin' In" again. Wow. Just WOW. It took me back to my childhood instantly. I can vividly remember hearing this song through the AM radio in my dad's 1974 Dodge Dart. This duet with Chris Norman (an Englishman and former lead singer of Smokie) is so much fun. The song, the fashion, the hair (oh yes the hair!), it's all 1970's perfection. 

I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Stay well, stay safe, stay home!! xo

You were so young, and I was so free
And I may have been young but, baby, that's not what I wanted to be
(Yeah, that's quite right)
You were the one
Oh, why was it me?
Baby, you've shown me so many thing I'd never see
Whatever you need, baby, you've got it from me


No comments: