Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Way Back Wednesday - Bad Boy

As today is Way Back Wednesday, I'm going to share a sweet song which was recorded by the Beatles in 1965. It could have been shared on a Tuesday (cover day) but I saved it for today. Written by Larry Williams, he released it in 1958 on Specialty records. It wasn't a hit for Williams but the Beatles had some success with it. 

By Source (WP:NFCC#4), Fair use, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?curid=61206490
I love the growly early Beatles songs and this one is such a great John rocker. Whenever I hear it, I smile and think about Mark. He was kind of a bad boy and he loved John Lennon something fierce. Today is Mark's birthday, he would have been 69 today. I'm sharing "Bad Boy" and remembering all of the birthday's we celebrated together. Poor guy, having a birthday on April 14 meant that, growing up, he frequently had to share his birthday with Passover.  Mark hated matzo birthday cake!  I can't really blame him. Legend has it that his mom, Ida, made the best cakes on the planet but even a wonderful baker like her couldn't make that taste as good as a traditional chocolate or lemon layer cake. During the years we were together, I never baked him a matzo cake.

If you're thinking about Mark today on his birthday, put on some Beatles records and have a little dance party in his honour. Pretty sure he'd like that, a lot. We love you Mark and we miss you, always will, I know xo



He jes' a-sits aroun' the house
An' plays that rock 'n' roll music all night
He puts thumbtacks in his teacher's chair
Put chew'n gum in a li'l girl's hair


No comments: