Friday, April 23, 2021

Isolation Friday - Bye Bye Baby

Happy Friday folks.

It's been a long, strange week.

Was saddened to learn of the death of Les McKeown this week. When I was a little kid, my cousin Kathy was a massive fan of the Bay City Rollers.  I think she even went to Toronto or Ottawa (from Smith Falls) to see them in concert. She was pretty excited but I wasn't too impressed. At the time, I preferred KC and the Sunshine Band. It was the 1970's... anyway, sometime in the late 1980's or maybe the early 1990's, I had a chance to see the Bay City Rollers here in Kingston. They played at Stages nightclub and it was quite a show. They did all of their hits, the crowd was really into it. My friends and I had been given free tickets and I remember us being brats about it. Lots of snide remarks over cheap beers but actually, they were really good.

I thought I'd share "Bye Bye Baby" with you all today. It's a great song, so much fun and a nice way to sign off for the week.

Stay safe kiddos, wash your hands, wear your mask and don't get too close to each other. We can get through us, we really can. xo

You're the one girl in town I'd marry
Girl, I'd marry you now if I were free
I wish it could be
I could love you, but why begin it
Coz there aint any future in it
(She's got me but I'm not free so)

No comments: