Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Because It's Tuesday - week of April 27

Here we are at the end of April. Our second April of this pandemic. 

I had a super craptacular week last week. So far, this one is going a lot better for me. I guess when you can sleep and figure out ways to manage your anxiety, things just seem brighter. Thank goodness.

So, as it's Tuesday again I'm sharing yet another cover song with you. If you're my age (or close to it), you may have had a picture of Shaun Cassidy (carefully removed from the pages of Tiger Beat) somewhere in your house in the mid-1970's. In 1976 he had a big hit when he covered Eric Carmen's "That's Rock 'n' Roll." Pop music fans will note that Eric Carmen was in the superb band, The Raspberries.  Carmen had recorded the song in 1975. Anyway, Shaun Cassidy. That singing Hardy Boy made today's cover tune popular.

Last year, as a pandemic project, Green Day leader Billie Joe Armstrong starting recording and sharing covers of some super fun pop songs. "That's Rock 'n' Roll" was on that list and I'm sharing it today. I've always liked this song and I'm a sucker for hand claps. I actually like this a lot more than I did the Shaun Cassidy version. Let me know what you think. 

Stay home if you can. Stay safe, wear a mask, get a shot in the arm. Just please be well xo

It's when the smokin'
And the heat
Have got your heart pounding right with the beat
Don't try to fight it
Just get excited
That's rock n' roll

No comments: